Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Help thy neighbor

Being groggy, having slept only 5 hours, and being poorly prepared made getting to work very difficult this morning.

First, I got wildly confused by all the ice in my neighborhood and forgot which car I was driving to work this morning. So, I tried getting into someone else's car. I don't know what I was thinking, really, I have no idea. I almost succeeded in breaking into their car too. It took me about 7 minutes to realize that I was trying to get into the wrong car. So, having realized my mistake, I found my actual car and tried opening the door. Of course, all the doors were frozen shut, so I had to use my house key to pick at the ice around the perimeter of the front passenger door and inside the keyhole. It took about 5 minutes to get the front passenger door open and for me to struggle into the driver's seat.

I started warming up my car and noticed I didn't have an ice scraper. So I ran out of the car frantically and started clawing at the ice with my nails. My cuticles looked great afterwards, but the ice didn't budge. Luckily, I noticed one of my neighbors was defrosting his car a block away so I hobbled over asked to use his scrape. He let me. So I was on my way. Thanks, neighbor!

What a difficult morning. I have little to no patience at this point. If any of my coworkers even looks at me funny this morning they're going to get a big mug of coffee in their face. I kid...kind of.

In other news, I had my first pottery class yesterday at the Pottery School. It was really fun! More on that later...

No comments:

Where are you?

Site visitors world map